About Law Career Services
The Law Career Services team partners with students, alumni, and employers to provide timely career information and resources. We seek to motivate our students and alumni towards a rewarding, self-directed job search in an increasingly global, dynamic, and complex marketplace. By creating a comfortable environment and utilizing technology, we provide programs and services to meet the collective and individual needs of a diverse population.
Location, Contact Information & Office Hours
Law Career Services and Public Interest Law Career Services are located on the second floor of Bannan Hall.
During the academic year, our office hours are:
8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Our summer and holiday hours are:
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
*If you are unable to visit our office between these hours, special extended evenings may be available. Please contact us for more information.
The Law Career Services library is an excellent starting point for conducting an assessment of your options and goals. Among the resources we offer:
- Current job listings (a great source of information about the local economy)
- Legal periodicals such as the The Recorder, the San Francisco Daily Journal, Lawyers Weekly USA, the National Law Journal, and Legal Times
- Non-legal periodicals such as the Chronicle of Higher Education and Capitol Weekly
- Graduate job bulletins from other law schools (helpful for doing an out-of-area job search)
- Legal directories such as Parker Directory, ABA Leadership Directory, California Lawyers Directory of Attorneys, Santa Clara County Bar Association Legal Directory, and National Directory of Legal Employers
- General job search books on resumes, interview skills, practice areas and networking
- Publications on topics such as public sector job search, alternative careers and diversity issues
To assist in your job search, Law Career Services offers the following free services exclusively for law student and alumni use:
- Fax machine for job-related correspondence
- Three computers with word processing and Internet access
- Two LaserJet printers
- Copy machine